- Facility: As part of a reservation, groups will have access to an outdoor shelter, picnic tables, a portable or pit toilet, and a handwashing station.
- Cleaning: Groups will be provided a trash can, trash bags, and cleaning supplies. Troops will be required to clean and sanitize their space before check-out.
- Fires: Fire circles will not be available for use.
COVID-19 Guidelines: When on site, groups are required to
COVID-19 guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Every group member should sign the COVID-19 Agreement. A copy for each participant will need to be turned into the property team at check-in prior to use.
- Groups are limited to no more than 8 girls and 2 adults.
- In order to accommodate social distancing, some shelters have a lower max capacity.
- Group members should wear masks at all times while on site.
- More details, including check-in and check-out processes, will be shared after reservation.
- All on site buildings will be locked, and will not be opened for groups under any circumstances. This includes any flush toilet facilities.
- If a group is not following guidelines, they will first be asked to comply. With continued noncompliance, groups will be asked to leave the property.
COVID-19: Read our current guidelines.
Property Rentals and Troop-Led Camping
When you are ready to meet in-person with your troop, Girl Scout camps will be open! GSGCNWI will open outdoor shelter facilities across key camps and Gathering Places for troops to hold their outdoor meetings. You can reserve these outdoor shelters on our new registration and reservation site.
Locations open for use*:
- Camp Butternut Springs (Valparaiso, IN)
- Camp Greene Wood (Woodridge, IL)
- Camp Palos (Palos Park, IL)
- Homewood Gathering Place (Homewood, IL)
- Joliet Gathering Place (Joliet, IL)
- Merrillville Gathering Place (Merrillville, IN)
- Vernon Hills Gathering Place (Vernon Hills, IL)
*Some locations may not be available in the winter months.
Not sure where you want to go? Check out an overview of our camps & locations!
Check out an overview of our camps & locations!
How to Reserve – Quick Guide
- Sample Site Use Agreement for: GCNWI Troops [PDF] | Other Groups [PDF]
- Girl Scout Troop Roster [PDF]
- Acknowledgement Statement for COVID-19 Advisory Period [PDF]
- Personal Equipment List [PDF]