The board of directors is an elected group of volunteers, both men and women, who believe in the value of Girl Scouting and its ability to build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
Lend your energy, passion and Girl Scout experience to influence our council's governance process as a girl representative to our board of directors!
- Serve a one-year term.
- Attend girl representative orientation and training.
- Attend and participate in three board meetings. Girls are expected to provide their own transportation to meetings, which are typically held on a weekday morning in downtown Chicago.
- Be prepared by reading materials shared prior to meetings.
- Actively participate in discussions and debates and meetings and be willing to share personal stories as part of a "Mission Moment."
- Take part in group projects with other girl representatives.
- Represent the Girl Scout movement as a spokesperson at board and council events.
What is the board of directors?
What does the board of directors do?