Joining the Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana’s Associate Board is an exciting opportunity for early- to mid-career professionals who want to contribute their time, talent, and treasure to the Girl Scout mission, while building professional networks and enhancing leadership skills.
Benefits of an Associate Board Membership
- Friend-raising and networking experiences, including leadership development with the GCNWI Board of Directors.
- Mentoring opportunities with girl constituents.
- Name recognition in council materials.
- Opportunities to enjoy special privileges such as behind-the-scenes tours and previews of new programs and initiatives.
Associate Board Membership Requirements
- Commit to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place and be passionate about developing future leaders.
- Personally donate $500 (give) and work to bring in additional $500 (get) through personal/professional networks throughout the year.
- Attend at least half of the bi-monthly general meetings, though attendance at all meetings is strongly encouraged.
- Participate in a committee.
- Volunteer at least twice each year.
- Engage personal and professional networks and/or companies to support the organization at-large and Associate Board-specific events such as the Smart Cookies fall fundraiser, led by the Associate Board.
Don’t hesitate to reach out!
Contact Jessica Wetmore, Director of Individual Giving, with any questions at 312-912-6339.