Join the worldwide community of Girl Scouts and find out how girls like you are changing the world.
What they'll learn:
Girls will discover what they can do to harness their passions to make the world a better place. This will take one meeting.
PLAN YOUR MEETING:
- Video and activity: Explore the Silver Award
Event: Girl Scouts Change the World National Gold Award Girl
Scout Celebration & Breakouts
- What’s this about? Meet and get inspired by our 2020 National Gold Award Girl Scouts — ten girls just like you and who’ve changed the world while still in high school. Find out how they earned the top award in Girl Scouting and the $20,000 college scholarship that goes along with it. Leave inspired to become a “world changer” yourself as you earn the Silver Award by making a difference in your community. Immediately following the main session, the National Gold Award Girl Scouts will be hosting special breakout groups to focus on what YOU want to know. Cadettes are invited to sign up for the “Go for the Silver” or “Be a world changer” breakouts; Adults, join us for the “World Changer Champions” session. Attend live on Saturday, October 10, 4-5:15 p.m. ET. The recording will be available on-demand.
Day of the Girl Celebration
- What’s this about? Celebrate International Day of the girl, with music, song and storytelling at the 9th annual Girls Speak Out. Hear girls from around the world tell their stories about what it means to be a girl where they live and how we can build equity for girls. This virtual program will be livestreamed via Youtube with live interactions via chat. Due to content, this program is for girls 13+.
- Video and activity: Earn the Global Action Award [insert video]
- Leading an engaging Cadette meeting: Recommendations for facilitating group conversations, handling supplies, and organizing your meeting
- Digital ice breakers and games
- Purchase requirements, patches, and awards