The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) gives you program content and other resources to manage your troop planning all year long—and keep it going smoothly!
Here's how it will save you time and help you plan:
- The VTK offers two resources for planning your troop’s time: Year Plans and Meeting Agendas.
- Daisy, Brownie and Junior leaders can access pre-populated plans for every meeting.
- Cadette, Senior and Ambassador leaders can access planning features.
- Everything is fully customizable!
You can also:
- Manage troop finances
- Track girls' achievements and attendance
- Reference important safety guidelines for field trip planning
- Stay in touch with parents and share meeting plan information
Resources for Troop Leaders:
Troop Volunteer VTK User Guide [PDF]
Video Resources for Troop Leaders:
- Setting Up Your Year Plan [Video]
- Meeting Plan Overview [Video]
- Setting Meeting Dates and Locations [Video]
- Customizing Your Year Plan [Video]
Online VTK Tutorials are also Available
Want to know more of what the VTK can do and how to do it? Utilize our VTK Tutorial Library to maximize your experience.
Login to the Learning Portal for Tutorials »
The VTK can help facilitate Girl-Led Planning!
Utilize the pre-written plans as a guide for involving the girls in the planning process. For example: The “Junior Badge” year plan includes two meetings to work on the Savvy Shopper badge.
If you know that your girls have other interests, you can let them lead the way to find alternate activities for those two meetings by researching options, and making agenda changes together--all within the VTK! More information about Girl-Led planning is available in your grade level training resources.
To help you, your leader team, and parents remember important dates throughout the Girl Scout year, your Year Plan will show “Year Milestones.” These orange banners appear in chronological order with your troop’s meeting and activities.
Create and Edit Meeting Agendas
The VTK serves as the go-to place for everyone within your troop to see important information about meetings and activities, including locations, times and materials needed.
Your whole team of leaders can edit meeting agendas and meeting aide resources within the VTK. When additional meetings or activities are created, you can add resources from the VTK library onto your blank agenda.
Your girl's parents have read-only access to meeting agendas in the VTK. This allows them to stay up-to-date on everything their daughter is enjoying in Girl Scouts!