COVID-19 Update: All GCNWI gathering places and camps are closed until further notice, and in-person programs are cancelled through Aug. 14. Read more on our blog »
Summer Camp Jobs
With the health and safety of our campers, staff, and greater camp community in mind we have cancelled all summer camp programming for this summer. We hope to run our summer camp programming in the summer of 2021.
Working at camp in the summer will leave you with a sense of empowerment, a positive outlook on life, and skills that will benefit you for years to come
Applications will open this summer to join the camp team at one of our six summer camps located in Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin.
We hire for:
- Camp counselors for day camp, resident camp, and weekend camp!
- Cooks and Kitchen Helpers
- Ropes Course Leader
- Health Supervisor
- Business Leader
- and more!
YOU! We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible staff who have a willingness to learn, grow, and be role models for young girls.
Interact and supervise girls of all ages! Not only will you learn a multiude of invaluable skills, you will also provide quality outdoor programs and help our campers develop lifelong skills of courage, confidence, and character.
The camp season length varies with each camp, and ranges from six to seven weeks, including a week of pre-camp training.
Our programs include day camp, resident camp, and weekend programs, and range in length from 3–20 days.
Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana offers outdoor programming at six camp properties located in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin.
- Camp Butternut Springs (Valparaiso, IN)
- Camp Greene Wood (Woodridge, IL)
- Camp Juniper Knoll (East Troy, WI)
- Camp Palos (Palos Park, IL)
- Camp Pokanoka (Ottawa, IL)
- Camp River Trails (Sheridan, IL)
Just for starters you will,
- Gain leadership experience;
- Enhance problem-solving skills;
- Build your resume for future careers and education;
- Become part of a dynamic team that will make a diference in the lives of girls and young women.
Check back in the summer to apply to join the Girl Scouts GCNWI Summer Camp team!
Refer a Summer Camp Employee
If you refer a summer camp employee and they are hired, you’ll be eligible for a FREE archery or campfire and song program! Just have the applicant list you as a referral when they apply!
Only one adult and one child may attend the free program. Archery is for girls in grades 4+.