Juliette Girl Scouts
Self-Directed Membership Option
You don't have to be part of a troop to be a Girl Scout! You can participate as a Juliette, which is how we describe self-directed Girl Scouts (also referred to as IRMs or individually registered members).
Juliettes were named after Juliette Gordon Low who founded our movement in 1912.
Juliettes have the power to build their very own Girl Scout experience by completing Journeys, earning badges and attending council programs that appeal to their interests.
She can also participate in the Girl Scout tradition of community service through take action projects and earning the earning the highest awards.
Juliette mentors are parents or trusted adults who guide a Juliette through her self-directed experience. Mentors should:
- Join as an adult member of Girl Scouts
- Follow Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Seek out and relay information and opportunities for Juliettes to create a well-rounded experience
- Stay connected to other Juliette mentors in their service unit
- Visit the Volunteer Toolkit for sample plans to earn badges and additional resources
Download the Juliette's Guide to Girl Scouting. This brand new guide is full of information just for self-directed Girl Scouts like you.
As a Juliette, you have the power to build your very own Girl Scout experience! Here are more resources for your year ahead:
- Visit Girl Scouts from Home to find badge how-tos and activities to do on your own.
- Visit the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) to plan your Girl Scout year.
- Get your uniform starter kit and any other essentials from our online shop.
- Visit our program site to find all of the programs you can join in on! This year we've got virtual and in-person options.
Juliette Mentor Chat Webinars
Save the dates for our NEW Juliette Mentor Chats which will take place via Zoom on the dates below.
- Wednesday, Oct. 21, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Mar. 10, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 12, 7-8 p.m.
We'll update this page with registration details when they are ready.
Questions about Juliette Girl Scouts?
Contact us at email@example.com.