Juliette Girl Scouts
Self-Directed Membership Option
You don't have to be part of a troop to be a Girl Scout! You can participate as a Juliette, which is how we describe self-directed Girl Scouts (also referred to as IRMs or individually registered members).
Juliettes were named after Juliette Gordon Low who founded our movement in 1912.
Juliettes have the power to build their very own Girl Scout experience by completing Journeys, earning badges and attending council programs that appeal to their interests.
She can also participate in the Girl Scout tradition of community service through take action projects and earning the earning the highest awards.
Plus, all of these progressive, exceptional experiences can be funded by participating in our annual Fall Product and Girl Scout Cookie Programs.
Juliette mentors are parents or trusted adults who guide a Juliette through her self-directed experience. Mentors should:
- Join as an adult member of Girl Scouts
- Follow Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Seek out and relay information and opportunities for Juliettes to create a well-rounded experience
- Stay connected to other Juliette mentors in their service unit
- Visit the
for sample plans to earn
badges and additional resources
the Juliette's Guide to Girl Scouting.
This brand new guide is
full of information just for self-directed Girl Scouts like you.
As a Juliette, you have the power to build your very own Girl Scout experience! Here are more resources for your year ahead:
- Visit Our Programs page to find Badge how-tos and activities to do on your own. Browse our Registration Site to find in-person and virtual programs you can attend.
- Visit the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) to plan your Girl Scout year.
- Get your uniform starter kit and Juliette Insignia from our online shop.
Juliette Mentor Chat Webinars
Save the dates for our NEW Juliette Mentor Chats which will take place via Zoom on the dates below.
New Dates Coming Soon
Questions about Juliette Girl Scouts?
Contact us at email@example.com.
Preguntas sobre Juliettes contáctenos en firstname.lastname@example.org