- As of Oct. 1, 2015, any girl seeking to complete her Gold Award must attend a council-facilitated Gold Award training. Upcoming Trainings>>
- Submit your Gold Award proposal online.
- Proposals are automatically sent to troop leaders once filled in by the Girl Scout.
- Please allow up to two weeks for us to review your materials.
- After the council reviews your materials, you will receive an invitation to schedule your proposal or final interview with the Gold Award Committee.
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest award a Girl Scout can earn. Once achieved, it shows colleges, employers, and your community that you’re out there changing the world.
Join a century of women who have done big things. Learn more about Gold Award scholarships, the history of the Gold Award, and the benefits of going Gold.
You can pursue your Girl Scout Gold Award if:
You're in high school (ninth through twelfth grade, or
You're registered as a Girl Scout Senior or Girl Scout
You have completed two Senior or Ambassador Journeys OR earned the
Girl Scout Silver Award and completed a Journey
A Girl Scout has until Sept. 30 of her Ambassador year to complete her project. For example, if a girl turns 18 earlier in the year, she still has until Sept. 30 following her high school graduation to finish her project. This also means completing the final report and final interview with the Gold Award Committee prior to Sept. 30.
To participate in the annual Gold Award ceremony, Gold Awards must be completed by March 1 so that the council can submit girls' names to GSUSA for certificates, letters of congratulations and more. Projects are considered "completed" when the final report has been submitted, the Girl Scout has completed her final interview with the Gold Award Committee, and she has received official notification from the council that her Gold Award is complete.
Girls who do not complete their Gold Award by March 1 will be included in the following year's ceremony.
SELECT EACH TO EXPAND
COUNCIL PROPOSAL PROCESS
COUNCIL FINAL REPORT PROCESS
MONEY EARNING AND HIGHEST AWARDS
GIRL SCOUT GOLD AWARD STEPS
Identify an issue
Investigate your issue thoroughly
Get help and build your team
Create a plan
Present your plan and gather feedback
Educate and inspire
Examples, Templates and Forms
FAQs, Tips and Tricks