Juniors will learn more about how their government works—from their own town or city to the whole country.
What they’ll learn:
When girls have earned this badge, they’ll know more about local and state government, as well as the three branches of the federal government. This will take two meetings.
PLAN YOUR MEETING:
- Video demonstration: Watch a volunteer lead Step 4 of this badge.
- Special guest: Be an Active Citizen
- Take Civic Action: Promote the Vote! (service project)
- Patch opportunity: Suffrage Centennial Patch
- Leading an engaging Junior meeting: Recommendations for facilitating group conversations, handling supplies, and organizing your meeting
- Digital ice breakers and games
- Suggested virtual meeting plan (PDF)
- Step-by-step planner: Sign in to the Volunteer Toolkit to find instructions for meeting 1 and meeting 2 of this badge, including materials lists, scripts, meeting aids, and more.