Tribute to Achievement
Girl Scout Leadership and Innovation Awards: A Tribute to Achievement is our council's annual signature dinner that celebrates the achievements of civic and corporate leaders and the impact that they have had on today's girls. The evening showcases the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and provides funding for programs that prepare girls for careers in science, technology, engineering, math, environmental sciences, entrepreneurship, healthy living, arts, culture, and global awareness.
Please join us on March 12, 2014, as we celebrate the achievements of our most recent honorees:
- 2014 Luminary Award: Maria Green, Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Illinois Tool Works
- Girl Scouts Own Award: Connie L. Lindsey, Executive Vice President and Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, Northern Trust ; National Board Chair and President, Girl Scouts of the USA
- 2014 Corporate Appreciation Award: NiSource
In addition, Maria Wynne, former CEO of Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana, will be recognized for her service and leadership as our council's first CEO following the merger of seven legacy councils in 2008.
2014 Event Details:
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
6 p.m. Reception - 7 p.m. Dinner
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
120 East Delaware Place
For information or to reserve tickets for this year's event, please call 312-553-2000 or visit pjhchicago.com/GirlScouts.
Below are photos from 2012's Tribute to Achievement event. Select a thumbnail to view the larger image...
Tribute to Achievement Former Honorees
- 2013 Deloitte
- 2012 Motorola Solutions Foundation
World's Strongest Girl Award
- 2011 Leo Burnett USA
The Luminary Award
- 2013 Patricia Hemingway Hall, President and Chief Executive Officer, BlueCross Blue Shield Illinois/HCSC
- 2012 Anne R. Pramaggiore, President and Chief Operating Officer, ComEd
- 2011 Doris Christopher, Founder and Chairman Emeritus, The Pampered Chef
- 2010 Mellody Hobson, Ariel Investments
- 2009 Connie Lindsey, Executive Vice President, The Northern Trust Company
- 2008 Ellen Costello, Chief Executive Officer, Harris Bankcorp, Inc.
- 2007 Brenda Barnes, Chairman & CEO, Sara Lee Corporation
- 2006 Cathy Coughlin, President & CEO, AT & T Midwest
- 2005 Andrea Zopp, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Sears, Roebuck and Co.
- 2004 Emily L. Barr, President and General Manager of ABC 7 Chicago
- 2003 Ellen Carnahan, William Blair Capital Partners, L.L.C.
- 2002 Pamela B. Strobel, Exelon Corporation
- 2001 Deborah L. DeHaas, Arthur Andersen
- 2001 Betsy D. Holden, Kraft Foods, Inc.
- 2000 Renee S. Crown
- 1999 Sheila A. Penrose, The Northern Trust Company
- 1998 Jane J. Thompson, Sears, Roebuck and Co.
- 1997 Judith A. Sprieser, Sara Lee Corporation
- 1996 Kathleen G. Murray, Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- 1995 Jewel Lafontant-Mankarious
- 1993 Honorable Lynn Martin
- 1992 Debora de Hoyos, Mayer, Brown & Platt
- 1991 Honorable James R. Thompson
Corporate Appreciation Award
- 2013 McDonald’s
- 2012 Nielsen
- 2011 BlueCross Blue Shield of Illinois
- 2010 Motorola
- 2009 Kraft Foods
- 2008 Baxter International Inc.
- 2007 ComEd, An Exelon Company
- 2005 The Northern Trust
- 2004 The Boeing Company
- 2003 The Committee of 200 (C200)
- 2002 ABN AMRO / LaSalle Bank
- 2001 R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company
- 2000 Arthur Andersen
- 1999 Andersen Consulting
- 1998 Ameritech Corporation
- 1997 Bank of America
- 1996 Amoco Corporation
- 1995 Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Foundation Appreciation Award
- 2006 Polk Bros. Foundation
- 2004 Alcoa Foundation
- 2000 Sara Lee Foundation
Girl Scouts' Own Award
- 2013 Jeanne Reynolds
- 2011 Monica Weed
- 2006 Portia Owen Morrison
- 2002 Sylvia Radov
- 1998 Dr. Cozette E. Buckney
- 1992 Honorable Carol Mosley Braun