Important Documents and publications
2012 Adult recognition Manual
View/Print the manual from these PDF documents
Remember the following when completing an Interactive PDF Form:
- Forms must be saved to your computer FIRST!
- When typing in your info, "Save" OFTEN...
- Once completed, save the document one last time to ensure the most recent info will be sent.
- Attach the pdf file to an email and send.
- Entire Manual
- Manual portion only (pages 1-5)
- Appreciation Pin criteria & form (pages 6-10) - Interactive PDF
- Honor Pin criteria & form (pages 11-15) - Interactive PDF
- Thanks Badge criteria & form (pages 16-20) - Interactive PDF
- Thanks Badge II criteria & form (pages 21-25) - Interactive PDF
- Hall of Fame criteria & form (pages 26-30) - Interactive PDF
- Dynamic and Incredible Staff of the Year (pages 31-34) - Interactive PDF
- Endorsement Form: For All Awards (pages 35-36) - Interactive PDF
- President’s Award (pages 37-38) - Interactive PDF
- Volunteer of Excellence criteria & form (pages 39-44) - Interactive PDF
- New Found Treasure criteria (page 45)
- Hidden Heroine criteria (page 46)
- Service Unit Approved Award form (page 47-48) - Interactive PDF
2012 - 2013 Training Calendar
Volunteer Essentials is a new resource for adult volunteers serving in any pathway. It offers information about Girl Scouts as a movement and a tradition, asks volunteers to assess their skills and competencies, discusses the GSLE and journeys, highlights other program offerings, shares information about healthy development in girls, instructs volunteers in how to keep girls safe, gives information on taking trips and hosting events, and tells volunteers how to help girls manage group finances, including general details on Girl Scout Cookie sales.
View by Category
- Quick Start Guide
- Chapter 1 – Sharing Your Unique Gifts
- Chapter 2 – Girl Scouting as a National Experience
- Chapter 3 – Engaging Girls at All Grade Levels
- Chapter 4 – Safety-Wise
- Chapter 5 - Managing Group Finances
- Appendix: For Troop Volunteers
- Appendix: For Travel Volunteers
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana Policies
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana Procedures
Safety-Wise / Safety Activity Checkpoints
The GSUSA Publications Safety-Wise published in 2000 and the insert Important Update effective September 2009 have been replaced by information found in Volunteer Essentials and the Safety Activity Checkpoints. In Volunteer Essentials 2012 you will find updated information in the Quick Start Guide on 4-11 and Chapter 4 (see Volunteer Essential link at the top of this page).
- To view/download the entire Safety Activity Checkpoints document,
click here. For Spanish version, click here
- To view by category, click here.
Blue Book of Basic Documents
The Blue Book contains information regarding Girl Scouts of the USA's Constitution, by-laws and policies.
Media and Publicity Kit Resources
To ensure that our council events get great coverage in our local communities, we've prepared a special media and publicity kit for volunteers to use with their local media. The council is actively working with many of the major media in broadcast and print for large-scale features, so volunteers are encouraged to generate as much local coverage as they can.
- Helpful Hints for Great Media Coverage (a resource guide with links)
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana Logo (jpeg)
- GSGCNWI servicemark logo (jpeg)
- Timeline of Girl Scout History
- Graphic Guidelines for Using Girl Scout Brand
These forms can also be found in the 2012-13 Volunteer Essentials guide.
- Accident/Incident Report Form (p. 121-122)
Additional Activity/Accident Insurance instructions - Click here
- Administering Medication to a Minor (p. 117)
- Adult Health History (p. 115-116)
- Annual Financial Report (p. 131-133)
- Disbanded Troop/Group Form (p. 135)
- Girl Health History (p. 113-114)
- Money-Earning Activity Application (p. 125)
- Money-Earning Activity Evaluation (p. 126)
- Parent/Guardian Day or Overnight Trip Permission (p. 118)
- Parent/Guardian Day or Overnight Trip Permission Interactive
- Permission to Participate in Sensitive Issues Discussion (p. 137)
- Trip and Travel Application (p. 119-120) Interactive
New interactive form coming soon...
- Additional Activity/Accident Insurance instructions - Click here
We offer limited financial scholarships for families whose personal circumstances may be an obstacle to overcome so that their daughter can fully engage in Girl Scout events, activities or opportunities.
Please review the Financial Assistance Guidelines before applying for assistance. All sections of the application must be completed in order for the request to be approved.
Troop Pathway assistance may be requested beginning October 1st, 2012 and Field Trip/Program Pathway may be requested beginning January 30th, 2013.
- Financial Assistance Guidelines - pdf
- Girl Member Financial Assistance Application - interactive
- Girl Member Financial Assistance Application - pdf
- Adult Member Financial Assistance Application - interactive
- Adult Member Financial Assistance Application - pdf
- destinations Financial Assistance Application - interactive
- destinations Financial Assistance Application - pdf
- Financial Assistance Reconciliation Form - interactive
- Financial Assistance Reconciliation Form - pdf
- Shop Voucher Item Price List - pdf
- Administrando Medicamentos a Menores
- Aplicación de Excursión/ Viaje
- Detalle Anual Financiero de Tropa
- Formulario de Autorización para Padres/Para discutir temas sensitivos
- Formulario de Excursiones de Día o de Noche
- Formulario de Informe de Accidente/Incidente
- Formulario de Evaluación de Ganancias de una Actividad de Tropa/Grupo
- Formulario De Reclamacion
- Registro de Historia de Salud de Adulto
- Registro de Historia de Salud de Niña
- Reporte Anual Financiero
- Reporte de Fin de Año de Asistencia Financiera
- Solicitud de Asistencia Financiera
- Solicitud para Recaudar Fondos
- Appreciation Certificate - NEW!
- Approved Certificates of Insurance
- Leader Year-End Review - Interactive
- Property Rental Application - Interactive
- Service Team Year-End Review - Interactive
- Service Unit Manager Year-End Review - Interactive
Service Unit Event Planning Tools
- Service Unit Events Planner
- Planning Form - Interactive
- Financial Report - Interactive
- Event Flier - Interactive
- Event Evaluation - Interactive
2013 Registration Forms and Resources
Please note that these forms are ONLY to be used to register for the current 2013 membership year which ends on Sept. 30, 2013. To participate in early registration for 2014, visit our eSubmit section.
- Adult Health History Form
- Adult Registration Form – English
- Adult Registration Form – Spanish
- Dues Summary Form
- Family Partnership Letter
- Family Partnership Brochure
- Girl Health History Form
- Girl Registration Form – English
- Girl Registration Form - Spanish
- Journey World/STEM Flier
- Large Envelope with Registration Instructions
- Letter to Leaders
- Product Program Permission and Responsibility Form
- Registration Record