Shopping cart is empty.

Register as an Adult member

eSubmit: It's the fast, easy and convenient way to register to be a Girl Scout with Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana! If you do not live in our area, please use Girl Scouts of the USA's council finder to locate the Girl Scout council nearest you.

Please follow these steps to register as an adult member for the 2013-14 membership year. We invite you to submit your membership registration 24/7 using our new eSubmit webform. All adult members can use eSubmit, whether you are an annual member, becoming a lifetime member, or updating your lifetime membership information.

Thinking of lifetime membership?  Register by Sept. 1, 2013, for $300 before the membership fee increases to $375.


• Paying by credit, debit or PayPal?  Fill out the eSubmit form for annual members or new lifetime members.  If you are affiliated with a specific troop, please forward or print a copy of your confirmation e-mail and send it to the troop leader.
• Paying by cash or check?  Fill out the paper form from your leader or the fillable PDF, print it out and submit to your leader with the fee.
• Need financial assistance for the membership registration cost? Fill out the paper form from your leader or the fillable PDF, print it out and submit to your leader. 
• Already a lifetime member?  If you have a change of address, e-mail, a new position in the council or any additional information, use the lifetime member update form.

If you are troop affiliated, follow the link in your confirmation to view any additional troop registration items that need your signature such as a healthy history form. 

You are done.  It’s that simple.



Q.  I get a "subject line" error when I use eSubmit.
A. If you are using a combination of Internet Explorer and the auto-fill feature, you may see this error. IE is auto-filling a hidden field, which causes the error. If you have another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.), you should not get that error. If IE is the only browser you have installed, try closing the browser, re-open, and try again without the auto-fill feature.

Q.  I received my confirmation e-mail and noticed a typo. How can I correct it?
A. Forward the confirmation e-mail to and let us know what needs to be changed. We'll be happy to make the corrections for you.

Q.  Can I use eSubmit to register more than one member of my family?
A. Yes, but each registration will be a separate transaction.  For your convenience, you may also use the fillable PDF for girls or for adults. Fill it out for the first member, print, then change the specific information for the next member and print again. Then submit cash or check to your troop leader.

Q.  Can individual members use eSubmit?
A.  Yes.  Individual girl members (Juliettes) and service unit-affiliated adult members can enter their service unit number only (if known) and click the independent Girl Scout button in eSubmit.

Q. Can I register for this year, 2012-13, with eSubmit?
A. No. eSubmit is set for the for the national dues increase to $15 for annual membership, therefore it is only for next membership year.  

Q.  How will the troop leader know when l register?
A.  You will receive an e-mail confirmation after you register. Please print or forward it as receipt. If you don't receive a confirmation, contact us at

Q.  Where can I get paper forms?
A.  You may download copies of all forms from the eSubmit forms webpage in PDFs or fillable PDFs. If you need additional paper forms you contact your service unit registrar or pick up forms that any of the six Gathering Places.

Q. I am a leader for more than one troop. Do I have to register for each troop through eSubmit?
 A.  No.  Choose your primary troop affiliation for the initial troop question.  When you get to the section on position codes, enter 01 and troop number on the first line, then 01 and your second troop on the next line.  There are four lines available as well as a comments box for additional positions.  You can also use these for service unit or council direct positions such as Service Unit Manager, Board Member, office volunteer, etc.

Q. I am using the lifetime member update form, and it won't allow me to enter my GSUSA ID number. 
A. GSUSA changed the lifetime member IDs to an all-numeric, 13-digit number. If your current membership card shows an alpha-numeric ID, just leave the eSubmit field blank. We can update it for you. If you would like a new membership card, please contact Carol Modica at GSUSA, 800-GSUSA4U or 


If you have questions, please contact the eSubmit Hotline by e-mail or phone at 1-855-ILOVEGS extension 6720.