At the council's 2013 annual meeting, the delegate body voted to amend the Bylaws regarding the election process for council delegates. According to Article IV, Section 4.3(b) of the Bylaws:
The rationale for this Bylaws revision was to allow for a clear line of communication between the service unit and the governance body. This revision allows the service unit volunteers the opportunity to elect a delegate or delegates from among their peers, who will represent the members of that service unit as a voting member of the council.
"Each Service Unit shall elect delegates from among its Members who are 14 years of age or older at least four (4) months prior to the annual meeting of the Council in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Board in the Standing Rules. Each service unit shall establish its own procedures for filing vacant delegate positions with alternate delegates, when and if necessary."
If you have any questions, please contact the Democratic Process Task Group at email@example.com.
national council session - 2014 convention
- Delegates elected by Girl Scout councils
- Delegates from USA Girl Scouts Overseas
- Members of the national board of directors
- Members of the national board development committee
- Past Presidents of the national board of directors
- Other persons who may be elected by the National Council